8th Annual Darin McDonald Memorial
May 31 - June 2, 2024
The Parkland Twins and PMBA are pleased to announce the 8th Annual Darin McDonald Invitational will take place May 31st - June 2nd, 2024 in Spruce Grove and Stony Plain. The tournament format is open to 11UAA, 13UAA, 15UAA, and U18AA teams. Eight teams in each division will be competing in pool play. All teams will be guaranteed a minimum of four games, the top 2 teams in each age group will play 5 games. Game balls provided by the tournament.
Darin McDonald was a long time grass root supporter of baseball in the Tri-Region area. Darin coached players across all ages both at the house and rep levels. For many years he played a key role in the development of the SGMB program as part of the SGMB Executive Committee holding various positions including President. The Parkland Twins and PMBA are proud to honour Darin by hosting the Darin McDonald Invitational Tournament!
There will be a full concession available at the Henry Singer Ball Diamonds. Stony Plain and Spruce Grove offer a full range of dining options and accommodations including hotels and local campgrounds. Please feel free to contact the tournament organizers if you require any assistance.
11U AA - $550
13U AA - $600
15U AA - $650
U18 AA - $700
Feb 15, 2024 – April 30, 2024
If the tournament is fully subscribed prior to April 30, registration will be suspended and teams will be notified of their acceptance. Selection will not be confirmed until payment of registration fees has been received.
Each team is guaranteed 4 games.
The host, Parkland Twins will supply score keepers and pitch counters. The home team for semi-finals will be the higher seeded team. The home team for the final game will be decided by a coin flip. There will be a binder at each diamond with score sheets and pitch count sheets for each game. There will also be a Twins Representative at each diamond should you have any questions.
- The draw will be posted by the concession so you can see the standings.
- Each team is guaranteed 4 games.
- Medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place teams.
- No new inning will start after 2 ½ hours.
- If a game is running late on your diamond there is green space at the diamonds that are available to start your warm ups on.
- The Darin McDonald Invitational Tournament will be governed by the current ROUND 2 portions of the Baseball Alberta 2024 Handbook and Baseball Canada Rule Book except as indicated in these Tournament Rules and Regulations.
- The Baseball Alberta 2024 Handbook can be found on the Baseball Alberta Website: www.baseballalberta.com Round 2 Rules, including pitch counts (for regular season play) as well as pitcher/catcher rules and examples. Link to Baseball Alberta Handbook which contains Baseball Alberta League Rules, Regulations and Requirements
- Bat regulations are governed by the Baseball Alberta Handbook.
- Please note that the 11U Division does not have Round 2. This division is governed by the “All rounds of League Play” section.
- All decisions made by PMBA, Tournament Officials or designates will be final.
- PMBA and its affiliates (Baseball Alberta, Baseball Canada) assume no responsibility or liability in regards to playing the game of baseball in this tournament. The teams and/or players participating are expected to have appropriate insurance and use accepted equipment deemed appropriate by their respective home organizations and affiliates.
- Points in round robin games are awarded in the following manner:
- Win = 2 points
- Tie = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
For More Information Contact:
Staying in Spruce Grove or Stony Plain is just as fun and luxurious as playing in it. A number of great hotels await, opening up the comfort and style of their abodes to you. After a full day of play, let our hotels offer you a place to kick back, relax and unwind.
A number of great campgrounds are available in the area.